Monday, January 30, 2012

MARC JACOBS

I still love this Marc Jacobs gown as much today as the first time I laid eyes on it. A piece from the Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 collection, it was worn by a radiant Christina Ricci to the 3rd annual amfAR cinema against AIDS event, part of the Dubai International film festival in December 2009.
I absolutely adore the ethereal floating quality and that amazing sketch like detail. I can just picture this as part of a stunning contemporary wedding, although surely this is classified as 'vintage' Marc Jacobs right?! 
Lady Gaga has also donned this gown, however in my opinion not nearly as successfully. I don't think I have ever seen Miss Ricci looking quite so beautiful, her makeup is flawless and her hair which looks wonderful in it's own right only serves to accentuates the gown detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment